Thursday, March 29, 2012

Il Capriccio - by the beach

Ask for a good Italian place in North Goa and most people will tell you about Fellini's in Arambol or J&A's and Fiesta in Baga, but not many have heard of Il Capriccio, a little unassuming shack on Asvem beach. The food here is really good and very well priced.


It used to be located in Morjim along the river for a few years, but just moved to Aswem last year. I had tried unsuccessfully to find them in Morjim on reading a review for the place (not knowing that they had shifted) and then finally stumbled upon the place on my way to Marbela Beach Resort. The access road to Il Capriccio is the same as Marbela and Club Fresh, so finding it wont be hard, but if you haven't taken this road before, be warned, its really very narrow and only one car can fit on it at a time.



My one complaint. The chairs were not comfy, they needed to be more lounge-y
The tables had names! so cute! This one was called 'Matthew'

The cocktails here are pretty nice too. I had a Sgroppino, which I had never heard of before, but it really was very tasty. I tried to find a recipe for it after I came home, but apparently like Sangria, its a loose term to describe a cocktail made from lemon sorbet and vodka. Some have Prosecco added and others have mint leaves. So heres the best recipe I could find from a google search, let me know how it turns out!

The Sgroppino
We ate a lot that day, Bruschetta, Seafood in White wine, Salmon Tartare, Beef Steak and a Seafood Linguini. 

Seafood in White wine

The Steak

Seafood Linguini

Bruschetta
The pricing was good too. I think we ate enough for 3-4 people and the bill came to about 3000 for the 2 of us with a few cocktails included.

No comments:

Post a Comment